Thursday, May 19, 2011

Does This Tutu Make My Butt Look Big?


While researching how to become a better derby player I came across the visual block. In derby, new skaters learn about positional blocking (getting in front of someone) and blocking by making contact with our bodies. Some skaters work on their mental blocking (messing with the opposing skaters head). The visual block is different. Visual blocking is appearing large on the skate court. It is easy for girls who are large to achieve a visual block. For smaller skaters (smaller teams) having an appearance of being larger can help block a skater from entering past your hips. It seems that more and more derby teams have adopted booty shorts and derby skinz as the appropriate bottom uniform for bouting, but are we by wearing less actually causing more penetration through our blockers? Would not a full skirt or tutu actually make the opposing team players perceive that there is less room for them to skate through, therefore attempting less passes and scoring points? My team has won one, lost two. This weekend I will be playing in a bout with our B team. I have made three tutus and asked those that have tutus to bring them. Our team is small, but the other team might not be. The other team might have large ladies swaying in their skates, back and forth in front of me, just holding me back with their enormous rear ends. If that is the case, I will play their game. I will put on that tutu and wear it proud, asking the other ladies on my team to do the same. Starting off small and then getting "big" will not only be a visual block, but a mental block as well. Once they are confused, we will go and knock the crap out of them, while helping our jammer get threw the pack and score us some points. I really look forward to this weekends bout, and I wish all my girlie's the best of luck! Now let's go sport some bunched up tulle!

Superior Mouth Guards! Protech Dent Mouth Guards are the only mouth guard you need to invest in, get one for you and one for your derby wife and sister! 

No comments: