Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Today we celebrate the life of Bob Marley





















When I was younger, I lived with Jenny in a small two bedroom apartment. Jenny and I would listen to Burning Spear and Luda, eat greens topped with liquid amino's and nutritional yeast, run around bare foot playing in the forests and beaches, enjoyed a summer of "why not's?" dressed as mushroom goddesses. Jenny and I enjoyed our early twenties, that is for sure. As you age, you tend to hold onto those sweet memories, because as the years role forward, summers of "why not?" become maybe a day once every few years. As life becomes more structured and less free flowing, memories are sometime all you have. The other day, I went to my small tattered bookshelf (that actually used to be Jenny's when we lived together) and decided I was going to read a book, an actual tangible, word on paper with page numbers, book. I picked up "Rasta Heart" A Journey Into One Love By Robert and Julia Roshind. When I opened up the book, I found two inscriptions inside.

To Jenny - Our journey is now yours, One Love Robert Roskind

Jenny - Your light sees and gives glorious - Julia

This book was not mine, it was Jenny's, and it was signed by both authors. I contacted Jenny to tell her I had the book and I would send it to her so she could have it back. Her response was different than I expected. She told me she was happy that I had found it and picked it to read, that I should keep it and learn from it. I love that girl. She is always giving of herself, spreading the peaceful messages threw her words and her actions. Jenny will be the first to tell you she's not perfect, but she wants to be so badly. She is a prime example of one love. I am proud to have her as a friend. Thank you for sharing your book with me.








Superior Mouth Guards! Protech Dent Mouth Guards are the only mouth guard you need to invest in, get one for you and one for your derby wife and sister! 

No comments: