Saturday, May 7, 2011

Round I Go

Try this at home -
Read the words in green SIT AND SPIN and then close your eyes and visulaize yourself spining as fast as you can on a sit and spin toy. You are young, small and full of energy. Keep pushing yourself faster and faster, until you can't push yourself any more. Now stop. Visualise your smaller self getting up from the cross legged position on the floor. How do you feel? When I try this at home, I feel like I am going to puke, just like when I was a kid.


I loved the sit and spin so much, I would twirl for hours on it in our Michigan basement. As I age, I remember more and more wonderful things about my youth. I think about all the games and activities that my brothers and I used to do, like tag outside at dusk, and pogo sticks in the drive way.


I used to roller skate at the rink on the weekends religiously, play t-ball and ride bikes. I wasn't ever the skinniest girl in my school, but I was fit and healthy. My brothers and I kept active playing PIG and HORSE in the front yard, and I liked to hula hoop in the wet grass in our yard. We chased our dog around and played football in the back. My brothers and I built forts behind our barns and went hiking through the trees. We were not thin, but we were strong. In my life currently, I am trying to lose fat, build muscle and add flexibility to achieve a body that I feel better in, through what I am calling "recess". Every day, I get to have recess just like when I was a kid. Like when my mom used to tell me to "go outside and blow the stink off of you". Everyday. At least a 1/2 hour. I want my recess to involve as many people as want to play, utilizing fun things that we did as kids, like skating and hula hooping, or tag played in the sand. I have been doing some online research on hula hooping and am blown away that I haven't added this into my exercise routine before this!







Superior Mouth Guards! Protech Dent Mouth Guards are the only mouth guard you need to invest in, get one for you and one for your derby wife and sister! 

No comments: