Thursday, June 16, 2011

Tape Measure Tuesdays


When I start a new workout plan, I like to take measurements of my body to see how my body is improving from all the torture. Having a buddy to take your measurements is a great idea (as is having a buddy to workout with). Just pick one day of the week, any day (mine is always Tuesday), measure, wait a week, repeat the process. I tend to have the best results from working out when I do so with a friend who is competitive, motivated, and smaller than me. It also helps me to have a goal as well. Setting a "weight" goal is hard for me to obtain, since my body is extremely muscular. I have a pair of size 4 jeans that I have only fit into two times in my life, once when I had Cassandra as my personal trainer, and once when my girlfriend KT and I worked out every day while her husband was working (before I went to work bar tending in the evening). It worked great and I came within three pounds of my target weight. I am going to pull out those jeans tonight and hang them in the bathroom next to where I get ready. If I stare at those pants every single day, I will meet my goal.



6/24/11 UPDATE!
Tape Measure TUESDAYS are now TAPE MEASURE THURSDAYS!
In the first week, I have lost inches in my hips, thighs and waist! Bad news? My chest and arms are getting bigger!

No comments: