Thursday, March 1, 2012

Walla Walla Roller Derby Wine Bottles

Woman's Roller Derby; Roller Derby Wine made by derby girls in the Pacific Northwest.

I answered my home phone the other day thinking that it would be for my boyfriend, but the voice on the other end said that they wanted to talk to me, little old me. It was a good friend and former roommate that lived with my man and me in BEAUTIFUL wonderful Idaho. He (our former roommate) is now a winemaker in Walla Walla, Washington; the mecca of fabulous wine country. For those of you who think great wine only comes from California, we shall have to have a little chat. 


The conversation went a little like this...



 FORMER ROOMMATE/WINEMAKER

"Hey, you love roller derby"


MUTTPUPPY
"Yes, yes I do actually"


 FORMER ROOMMATE/WINEMAKER
 
"Cool. I have some chicks who are making roller derby themed wine in Walla Walla and want to get it into the hands of derby girls outside of Washington. Can I send you a bunch of the wine to try?"



MUTTPUPPY

"Um, do you even have to ask? I LOVE PACIFIC NORTHWEST WINE and, I love roller derby"


 FORMER ROOMMATE/WINEMAKER

"Cool, Cool. I will let them know and get it in the mail"


MUTTPUPPY

"Can I sweeten the deal and ask for a promo shirt? 
It can be handmade if needed. I will wear it to practice."


 FORMER ROOMMATE/WINEMAKER

"You want a shirt?"


MUTTPUPPY

"You don't get it, but the girls will totally. 
Yes, tell them to send me a shirt!"


Later that evening via text 


 FORMER ROOMMATE/WINEMAKER

"What's your derby name?"



Once I get the wine in the mail I will be doing a wine tasting with my girls at my house and reviewing it here at Muttpuppy's Putting On My Big Girl Panties. I can't wait to try out what these derby girls from north of me are concocting. Follow along as I introduce you to new and exciting wine from derby girls! There is no stopping what a skater can do once her mind is set to achieve it. Happy day to everyone.  

Derby Derby Do! -Muttpuppy

Muttpuppy believes in USA made products. Please check out Protech Dent Mouth Guards for you and your friends in any sport. Made in Michigan for hospitals and U of M Wolverine football.

No comments: