Thursday, January 19, 2012

I don't use duct tape on my skates

But I totally am okay with you if you use duct tape. I prefer to polish my boots and use a toe guard for protection. For me, I do it mostly because I am cheap. It takes me less money to buy a tin of boot black and a brush than it does two rolls of duct tape. The toe guard cost $9.99 the day I bought my skates, and because I polish that too, I am using it for a second year (and probably more) so, to keep my skates clean, buffed and polished, it has cost me three rolls of duct tape total. I can live with that. Some might say that it takes a long time to polish. Not really. a quick swipe on the toe, heel and front sides after practice and a buff later that night? Maybe 5 minutes. Probably about the same amount of time it takes to ask "Does anyone have any duct tape" at practice, go get the tape, tear it off and place on skates. I recently helped out a friend from my team who has been busy working by washing her wheels, cleaning and lubing her bearings, removing all the duct tape (and goo), leather conditioning and polishing her skates. I now know exactly why I have never added a single piece of duct tape to my toes, but if you do use tape, take it off after practice and add tape only right before you skate. By doing so, you will avoid much leftover tape glue, but - how much will you be spending in tape???

 BEFORE

  
AFTER


Superior Mouth Guards! Protech Dent Mouth Guards are the only mouth guard you need to invest in, get one for you and one for your derby wife and sister!

Check out our sponsor for all your custom longboard and skateboard needs.


Check it out, Muttpuppy's Putting On My Big Girl Panties was featured at TYOH

No comments: