Friday, January 21, 2011

I got the flu the other night. Woke up at one a.m. and was up and down the rest of the night. By 4:50 a.m. I had already texted my boss to let him know that I had slim to none odds of being at work that morning. After a very long day of sleeping and crying, I finally got some ibuprofen in me around 3:30 p.m.. I ate some applesauce around 9:30 p.m, and slept the rest of the night away. I am still in bed, trying hard to get as rested as possible. I am super bummed because tonight my derby team is cross training at the ice rink. In all honesty, I REALLY REALLY want to be there. So much, that I would go even if I wasn't better. I am going to suck it up and not go though, so I can be strong for the few days this week I have to make any money at all. This next weekend, there is a derby clinic that lots of girls from Cali are going to. There are eight girls from my team who are going. We have two double queen rooms booked (one with a microwave and refrigerator) and their is a hot tub on site to relax our aching bones in. So, derby Fri/Sat/Sun for clinic, then driving back home and heading to derby with our team by 8:30 p.m. Whoa! That is a lot of time on wheels in three days! Oh well, I need it. Just one more reason why I should be staying home tonight and not overdoing it. I am super bummed because I have been so looking forward to it. I am also bummed because I haven't worked out in two days now. Maybe I can do some light Yoga tonight since I have been bedridden for two days.

Are you into Roller Derby and would like to be one of the newest members of a brand new forum? Become a member today!

Superior Mouth Guards! Protech Dent Mouth Guards are the only mouth guard you need to invest in, get one for you and one for your derby wife and sister! 



No comments: