Monday, December 27, 2010

Backwards

And I thought keeping up with the girls in a circle was hard, try playing soccer on skates. Close your eyes, and picture a yellow ball. Picture that ball on the middle of a gymnasium. Now, add a girl on either side of the ball, starring each other down, primed and ready for push off at the bleat of a whistle. Look past those women, at the opposing groups of ladies bent forward at the hips, arms in position to pump left or right, eyes squinting, ready to track the path the ball takes. The whistle blows, and they race around, pushing, shoving, falling all around! Soccer, on skates. Imagine it. Now, imagine it skating backwards only. Kicking the ball, backwards only. Picture it, for I never had until last Tuesday. I was sore for two days straight (though I am out of shape). Can't believe what I've gotten myself into.



No comments: