Thursday, December 16, 2010

Lederhosen Babe


For those that have been following some of my earlier postings

You know that I used to roller skate in the eighties (nineties too, but we'll get to that later). I have mentioned the fact that I am currently trying to join a local roller derby team. It may come to no surprise to anyone paying attention that I love run on sentences and YouTube videos. I have a habit of embedding links directly to a page to help expand on my ideas. I find random bits of information exciting and hope that readers get lost in my thoughts in a similar fashion so we might share some sort of common knowledge. With that being said, I hope that you enjoy some of the example videos that I will be sharing with whomever pushes the play button.


  • Exert from earlier, Morning Post Over Coffee And Toast...Commercial - a short film trying to sell something, usually of low quality. Originally taped from TV to VHS and now has been put onto the world wide web. I like old commercials, they give me that warm fuzzy feeling people say they get sometimes for one reason or another...
  • In Dear Santa there was a prime example of a Mattel toy commercial from 1982 that featured two young girls who later went on to do movie and television. One of the girls, Jenny Lewis, is still performing today as a singer.
So, HERE IT IS! Faberge Babe 1980 TV Commercial
(My thoughts are posted below)




Superior Mouth Guards! Protech Dent Mouth Guards are the only mouth guard you need to invest in, get one for you and one for your derby wife and sister! 

After watching this video I feel like going to my local Rite Aid and shopping in roller skates. Really digging the lederhosen look she's rocking with the orange socks. I do however think this woman is invisible to the pharmacist and shoppers. If I saw a women skating into a store, throwing down mad skills on eight wheels while shopping for antiperspirant, I would be looking at her, thinking "Right On! Jealous". If you're interested in learning more about the maker of Babe, check out Heather Lockler (of Melrose Place fame) in this Faberge Shampoo Commercial.


My goal is to get two new people following my blog today. Will one of them be you? I will give a shout out to you on my site today if it is! Happy blogging!

No comments: