Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Number 20

  • 20...the number of pounds US Magazine claims that Natalie Portman gained while at Harvard University.
  • 20...the minutes claimed it takes to make dinner using Jamie Olivers iPhone application.
  • 20...or less moves to solve a Rubik's Cube™.
  • 20...(billion) Tweets since Twitter started!
  • 20...the most counterfeited bill in US currency
  • 20...THE NUMBER OF LAPS I EXECUTED IN FIVE MINUTES AT DERBY PRACTICE LAST NIGHT
As far as minimum skills for derby, sanctioned by the Women's Flat Track Derby Association, 25 laps in 5 minutes is the number that I need to hit. So, now to condition and add five laps to my time. I wonder if I could hit 25 just by switching to real derby skates? If I can hit 20 in my ghetto Sonic Cruisers shouldn't I be able to hit 25 in a good pair of derby skates?

Correction! Since posting this, I have found out that my information was incorrect. The number of laps is 20 laps in 5 minutes! Success! (1/4/11)

Check out this video, 1980 Roller Derby. Back in the day the girls made up for their lack of protection with extra firm Aqua Net hairspray and push up bras.


Q. What song/artist is singing at the opening of this 1980 Roller Derby Clip?
A. Might surprise you, but as a youngster I begged my dad to stop playing this album in the car, only to fall in love with him as a teenager.
Click Here
for the answer performed LIVE

Q. What song/artist did VH1 pick as # 20 for the top 100 of the 1980's?
A. Click Here to find out

Superior Mouth Guards! Protech Dent Mouth Guards are the only mouth guard you need to invest in, get one for you and one for your derby wife and sister! 
DON'T FORGET TO COME RIGHT BACK TO
www.muttpuppy.blogspot.com

No comments: