Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bring Bring Went The Blower


Exert from Morning Post Over Coffee And Toast
Home Video - technically can be broken into two categories.


  1. Recording of an event, time, place, person
  2. Amateur Home Movie attempt. The amateur home movies can be quite good, usually involving a plot while also possibly documenting time, place, person, event, activity, etc. Don't be fooled though, there are some pretty horrible ones out there.
So, HERE IT IS! Family video from 1983-84
(My thoughts are posted below)


Superior Mouth Guards! Protech Dent Mouth Guards are the only mouth guard you need to invest in, get one for you and one for your derby wife and sister! 



At just over eight minutes long, this home video example can get a little annoying listening to random burst of children's crying. If you close your eyes and just listen though, you will notice that there isn't much talking going on. There are muffled sounds of children playing, bike peddles going in reverse, turns being taken on the monkey bars and the videographer's methodical breathing. I much enjoyed hearing the rotary phone ring, that's something I haven't heard in a long time. For eight whole minutes, I was brought into a family yard, living room and life as a witness only, and guess what? No one was texting, or charging their iPod, or Playing Wii Fit, or watching NetFlix. No one had a Bluetooth on their ear. I find this example almost zen.


Keeping with the Christmas Theme...Click Here


My goal is to get two new people following my blog today. Will one of them be you? I will give a shout out to you on my site today if it is! Happy blogging!

No comments: