Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Beavers

This weekend is full of firsts for me, and I am very excited!
  1. My team is traveling for its first bout of the season
  2. It will be my first LIVE derby bout
  3. My first time being a non-skating official (NSO) - as a penalty tracker
A Penalty Trackers JOB:
  • Record Penalties from both refs and whiteboards
  • Tell refs when skaters will serve penalty time or have fouled out
  • Tell whiteboard attendant to display penalties to the benches
I have posted a list of the hand signals that I will be looking for this Saturday. These signals are used by the Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA). Take a look and learn some of them for the next time that you watch derby live!

Sorry, this link has been broken. Go to WFTDA to find out more. I will look for a new link and post it here in the future - THANKS!

Superior Mouth Guards! Protech Dent Mouth Guards are the only mouth guard you need to invest in, get one for you and one for your derby wife and sister! 

No comments: