Friday, March 25, 2011

Will War Paint Make ME Tougher?

Excuse me, Will War Paint Make Me MORE Tough?
Tonight is our team scrimmage to help raise money for a community member who is suffering from cancer. This will be the first time I get to skate in front of a crowd. Obviously, I am very very very excited. The question was asked to me by a teammate, if I was going to paint my face for it. Paint my face? The thought had not crossed my mind up until that point. Paint my face. I thought abut it some more and then went right into what I always do, I googled it. War Paint, Face Paint, Roller Derby Face Paint....you name it, I googled it. There are lots of girls out their looking like scary dolls...not sure if that is for me. I am thinking more acid tripper than demon child (IF I were to actually paint it up). The longer this day goes, and the closer it is time to bout, I might just end up completely unidentifiable. I love getting into a character and dressing up, heck, I have a costume bag big as my bed. I have bottles of unopened face paints, adhesive and body scars (all from sales right after Halloween). I have a feeling this could get interesting. Maybe I am that "girl that paints her face for derby" and just didn't know it? The thought had never crossed my mind until last night, now my wheels are turning. It helped looking at this face book page ROLLERGIRLS WHO WEAR FACEPAINT . I will keep you posted on my decision, and of course, I will post a photo IF I end up going for it. It is a fundraiser after all (hence the word FUN).

Superior Mouth Guards! Protech Dent Mouth Guards are the only mouth guard you need to invest in, get one for you and one for your derby wife and sister! 

No comments: