Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bushing Oh My

Remember the (ghetto) sonic cruisers I used to ride? Well, I tore them all apart. It was great to use them as a training tool. I highly recommend using a training pair if you have never done the tear down (put back together) and have a pair of skates you are needing to have for practice anytime soon. Once I pulled out the bearings, I realized that not only were they full of hair and grossness, but they also were ABEC 1! I forwent putting the bearings back together, and ordered a new set of bearings in my last Wicked order. Since these are my outdoor skates (road skates mostly) I chose to not spend too much money on bearings (though I would have preferred ABEC 7 or 9) and got the ABEC number 5s for these. I think they will be alright. Haven't been able to skate outdoors lately. The snow has not stopped in days. The many feet of white and wind keep us shoveling. School was closed today. I sure hope that our scrimmage tomorrow isn't canceled again. Originally, the scrimmage was supposed to be February 25th, March 25th is the reschedule date. Fingers crossed we get to skate! Our skate days at the gym have been being changed and/or canceled, and the girls are just itching to hit each other.
Happy Skating and Happy Blogging! - Muttpuppy


Superior Mouth Guards! Protech Dent Mouth Guards are the only mouth guard you need to invest in, get one for you and one for your derby wife and sister! 
If you have been living under a rock and don't know about Wicked Skatewear, that is ok (we forgive you). Click HERE to go get edjumicated!

No comments: